Like just about everyone else in Milwaukee, the denizens of the Milwaukee Bucks’ business offices were undeniably excited when news broke that the Bucks had acquired seven-time National Basketball Association All-Star Damian Lillard on a late September afternoon.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is a sports product?
- Is a sports team like the Milwaukee Bucks a product?
- If so, what factors might influence the quality of the product?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important to the product?
- How can a sports franchise like the Milwaukee Bucks improve the product?
- Do you think the trade for Damian Lillard helped to improve the product? Why or why not?
- How did the trade impact the Bucks from a business perspective?
- Why are ticket sales important to a sports franchise?
- What are season tickets (full season plans)?
- Why are they critical to the financial success of a sports franchise?
- How did the addition of Lillard impact the Bucks’ from a ticket sales persepctive?
- How did it impact merchandise sales?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what did the Bucks need to do from a management perspective to prepare for the impact Lillard would have on the business of the franchise?
- Why did the marketing team decide to hose a “welcome rally” for Dame?
- Why is social media important to the Milwaukee Bucks?
- How did the addition of Dame impact the team on social media?