New Balance basketball has added another star to their already impressive stable, with Cleveland Cavaliers guard Darius Garland announcing that he is signing to the brand.
Click here to read the story at sportingnews.com.
- What is endorsement?
- How is an endorsement deal different from a celebrity influencer campaign?
- Why do businesses pay athletes to endorse their producs and brands?
- Why are endorsement deals important to a footwear brand like New Balance?
- What types of players do you think footwear brands are interested in? Do they have to be an All-Star?
- How might adding a player like Darius Garland to its endorsement roster impact how consumers view New Balance?
- Do you think Garland would have the same impact if he was signing with Nike? Why or why not?
- What other NBA players are signed with New Balance, according to this news story?
- What is a budget?
- Why might budget be important to New Balance as they look for more NBA players to join their endorsement team?
- What NBA players would you target if you were New Balance? Why?