Globe Life Field is hosting its first home playoff game on Tuesday — and the Rangers are beefing up their concession and merchandise options for the postseason.
Click here to read the story at mlb.com.
* Teacher Note: Consider pairing this news story with the recently released “NFL Stadium Food” bonus content discussion deck shared with SCC subscribers. You can download the discussion deck in the “Bonus Content” section of the website.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to a sports team?
- What are revenue streams?
- What are some examples of revenue streams for a sports team like the Texas Rangers?
- Why are concessions and merchandise sales important?
- What is the fan experience?
- What factors might impact the fan experience?
- How do you think concession and merchandise offerings impact the overall fan experience?
- Why do you think the Rangers are introducing new items for the playoffs?
- What is publicity?
- How might introducing new concessions items help a team to generate publicity?
- How might they benefit from the publicity?