With the release of Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam this Friday, and DC Films head Walter Hamada quietly ending his tenure in the coming days, DC is charting into truly unknown territory.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is DC a brand?
- How would you compare DC to Marvel from a brand perspective?
- What is fandom?
- Why is fandom important to a movie studio when it comes to film franchises like DC or Marvel?
- What is a “toy-ready” film?
- Is Black Adam a toy-ready film? Why or why not?
- What is a marketing plan?
- Why is it important for a movie studio to have a marketing plan when producing and marketing its films?
- What is a situation analysis?
- Based on the discussion in this news story regarding Dwayne Johnson’s involvement with DC, how might DC approach a situation analysis?
- What role does budgeting and sales projections/forecasting have when studios create a plan for the production and marketing of a film?
- Why is that important to the success of the film?
- If Dwayne Johnson’s vision for a Black Adam versus Superman film comes to fruition, how do you think the studio should approach the financing of the film?
- How should they approach the marketing of the film?
- What is a promotional tie-in?
- What is an example of a promotional tie-in that might make sense when promoting the film?