Major League Baseball has seen this play before: A global calamity spreads fear and panic. Equity values plummet. The future gets scary.
And prices for the most valuable teams in the league hold their lead.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
Questions for class discussion:
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to a Major League Baseball franchise?
- How might the COVID-19 health crisis impact a Major League Baseball club’s ability to generate revenue?
- How do you think Forbes’ determines the value of a MLB franchise?
- How could franchise values increase despite the COVID-19 crisis?
- According to this report, what are the five most valuable MLB franchises?