Disney is exploring a membership program in the style of Amazon Prime, as first reported by The Wall Street Journal. The program could offer various exclusive perks, discounts, and other enticements for subscribers to spend more money on Disney products and services.
Click here to read the story at theverge.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who might represent direct competition to the Disney+ streaming service?
- Who might represent indirect competition?
- What is brand loyalty?
- Why do you think Disney would consider launching a membership program similar to Amazon Prime?
- Based on information from this news story, what perks might be included with the new program?
- Do you think that would be enough to encourage customers to sign up? Why or why not?
- What is merchandising?
- Why do you think Disney would include merchandising as part of its new membership program?