Disney’s “Strange World” bombed at the box office over Thanksgiving, leaving the studio to mop up oceans, mountains and terrains of red ink.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- What does it mean when a movie “bombs” or “flops” at the box office?
- Why do you think certain films bomb?
- How much impact do you think marketing has on a film’s box office success?
- What are sales projections?
- What is a break even point as it relates to the movie business?
- How do films become profitable?
- Does it matter when or what time of year a film opens at the box office? Why or why not?
- Why are they important to a film studio?
- Why do you think ‘Strange World’ flopped on opening weekend?
- How much did it cost to produce and market this film (according to this news story)?
- How much does the film need to gross to break even?
- Do you think the film can still become profitable? What do you think must happen for the film to rebound?