For years, Domino’s has been working on and unleashing new and increasingly convenient ways to order a pizza. Of course, there’s the familiar Pizza Tracker, which lets you know the status of your order, but there’s the pizza emoji order, Slack order, Samsung TV order, the Amazon Echo order, the Facebook Messenger order, and the zero-click order.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is product placement?
- What is a promotional tie-in?
- What is the difference between the two?
- Why do you think brands are interested in these strategies from an entertainment marketing perspective?
- Can you think of any examples of product placement that you have noticed recently?
- Can you think of any examples of promotional tie-ins with an upcoming show or movie that you have seen recently?
- Based on information from this story, describe how Domino’s is hoping to reaching consumers by partnering with Netflix for a Stranger Things related promotion.
- How might this story demonstrate an example of fan (consumer) engagement?
- How might this story demonstrate an example of digital marketing?
- Why would Domino’s be interested specifically in Stranger Things rather than another show or movie?
- In your opinion, do product placements and promotional tie-ins influence how much you enjoy a show or movie? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.