By all accounts, The Batman will be a dark, dark movie. Taking its visual cues from Seven, and featuring a protagonist who has a breakdown and finds himself lured into intractable ethical murk by the suffocating power of vengeance, all signs point to the film being three hours of grot and depression and anguish.
Click here to read the story at theguardian.com.
- What is a promotional tie-in?
- What is product placement?
- Is product placement the same as a promotional tie-in?
- Why would a brand want its product featured in a film like The Batman?
- How do brands benefit from a film tie-in?
- How do film studios benefit from tie-ins?
- What risks might be a brand be taking when introducing a promotional tie-in with an upcoming film release?
- What is one example of a ‘The Batman’ film tie-in referenced in this news story?
- In your opinion, based on information from this story, does ‘The Batman’ film run the risk of being portrayed as too commercialized? Why might that be an issue for the studio? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.