Duke basketball coach Jon Scheyer has hired Rachel Baker, formerly of Nike and the NBA, as its first-ever general manager.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is NIL?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important in sports?
- How might hiring a GM help develop an important leadership role for Duke basketball?
- How might Duke basketball players benefit from this new position?
- Why is recruiting important in college sports?
- How might this new position help Duke basketball from a recruiting perspective?
- What is an industry trend?
- Do you think this will start a trend of collegiate sports programs hiring GM positions to assist student athletes with NIL? Why or why not?
- How might this represent an example of a career opportunity in sports?