The wrestler-turned-actor-turned-entrepreneur is entering the energy drink business with ZOA, a health drink made with natural caffeine and superfoods.
The venture partners Dwayne Johnson — aka “The Rock” — with his ex-wife and fellow fitness entrepreneur, Dany Garcia, Garcia’s husband Dave Rienzi and beverage industry veteran John Shulman.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Dwayne Johnson a brand?
- What is brand extension?
- How might this story provide an example of brand extension?
- What is product endorsement?
- How might the Rock’s launch of a new energy drink be different than what we think of with a traditional product endorsement?
- Who might represent competition for the Rock’s new product?
- What is oroduct differentiation?
- How is the Rock differentiating the new energy drink from competitors?
- What might provide the Rock with a competitive advantage?
- Do you think the Rock’s new energy drink will be a success? Why or why not?