“I can’t tell you the methodology that was used,” longtime Braves’ executive Mike Plant told county commissioners on Tuesday. “They have their methodology, but we’re pretty confident that there will be a huge global impact here on Cobb.”
Click here to read the story at ajc.com.
- What is economic impact?
- What are direct effects as it relates to economic impact?
- What are indirect effects?
- How does hosting a major sporting event like the MLB All-Star game impact the host city’s economy?
- Who typically conducts economic impact studies?
- Why do you think they conduct these studies?
- Why do some economists suggest that the overall impact reported in these studies can often be overstated?
- Using information from this story, how do you think the MLB All-Star Game will impact the city of Denver (now that it has been moved from Atlanta)?