ESPN executives have been told not to plan for travel or hospitality for the Super Bowl in February, according to multiple people familiar with the conversations, becoming the latest major NFL partner to scale back its presence at America’s biggest sporting event because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to read the story at sportico.com.
- What is hospitality as it relates to the business of sports and entertainment?
- Why is hospitality important to companies like ESPN at major sporting events?
- According to this story, “Corporate hospitality is also a central part of the (Super Bowl) experience.” What does that mean?
- Describe how a company or brand might traditionally deploy a hospitality strategy during the Super Bowl?
- Why is hospitality important to host cities for major events like the Super Bowl?
- Why do you think companies are scaling back on hospitality at this year’s Super Bowl?
- What might companies do instead of investing in hospitality events at this year’s Super Bowl?