There’s a long history (going back to 1934 specifically for Wheaties) of athletes being recognized on cereal boxes, and we’ve seen that in multiple countries. It’s more unusual to see that for media figures, though. But that’s what ESPN is doing with a particular new promotion for College GameDay this week.
Click here to read the story at awfulannouncing.com.
- What is College GameDay?
- What is a brand?
- Is ESPN a brand?
- Is College GameDay a brand?
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- Why is promotion important to sports and entertainment organizations?
- Based on information from this story, describe this promotion from ESPN.
- How might this promotion help ESPN to build its GameDay brand?
- What type of promotion is best represented by this campaign from ESPN?
- Why do you think the cereal boxes are not actually for sale?
- Why do you think they chose to launch this promotion during rivalry week?
- What do you think ESPN hopes to accomplish with this promotion?