Today, ESPN launched its National Hockey League (NHL) season-opening campaign, “To Know Hockey is to Love Hockey.”
Click here to read the story at espnpressroom.com.
- How might this story demonstrate the concept of the marketing of sports?
- What is a marketing campaign?
- Why is marketing important to the NHL?
- Why is it important for ESPN to promote the NHL with a season-opening marketing campaign?
- What is advertising?
- What are the different advertising channels?
- What is an agency?
- What does it mean to product ads in-house?
- Why might ESPN choose to contract an agency rather than producing their ads in-house?