The spike in Covid-19 cases imperils as much as $400 million in college football playoff advertising for Walt Disney Co.’s ESPN sports network because of the growing risk games may be canceled, Bloomberg Intelligence estimated in a note Tuesday.
Click here to read the story at bloomberg.com.
- What are broadcast rights?
- Why do companies like ESPN invest in the broadcast rights to live sports events?
- What are ratings?
- Why are ratings important to ESPN?
- Why are ratings important to the NCAA?
- Why are ratings important to advertisers?
- How might a canceled college football bowl game impact ESPN from an advertising perspective?