Among film distribution executives in town, there’s a saying about Disney’s theatrical releases, in particular their Marvel titles: That they’re “five quad” movies.
Click here to read the story at deadline.com.
- From an entertainment marketing perspective, what is a “tie-in”?
- How might the concept of tie-ins be illustrated by this news story?
- What is product placement?
- Is product placement the same thing as a tie-in?
- What is MCU?
- According to this story, what brand spends the most as a Disney partner as it relates to MCU?
- What is advertising?
- Why is advertising important to studios like Disney when promotion its films and other content?
- How does a promo partner campaign like this one benefit the studio from an advertising persepctive?