Max Scherzer stars in the last video posted to Major League Baseball’s TikTok account before the league locked out the players Thursday morning.
Click here to read the story at ap.com.
- What is a profit?
- How do MLB teams generate a profit?
- What is typically the biggest expense to a Major League Baseball franchise?
- What is a lockout?
- Why do you think MLB and its players weren’t able to avoid a lockout?
- What are negotiations?
- How does negotiation represent the concept of sales?
- What do you think MLB wants from the current labor dispute?
- What do you think MLB players want from the labor dispute?
- What is publicity?
- Do you think the negative publicity from a lockout will impact the league in any way? Why or why not?
- What is market segmentation?
- Who is Gen Z?
- Based on information from this story, how might a lockout alienate Gen Z even if no games are missed?