Facebook is getting into fantasy sports and other types of fantasy games. The company this morning announced the launch of Facebook Fantasy Games in the U.S. and Canada on the Facebook app for iOS and Android. Some games are described as “simpler” versions of the traditional fantasy sports games already on the market, while others allow users to make predictions associated with popular TV series, like “Survivor” or “The Bachelorette.”
Click here to read the story at techcrunch.com.
- Why would Facebook be interested in fantasy sports and other types of fantasy games?
- How might Facebook’s decision to get into fantasy sports demonstrate the concept of industry growth?
- What is consumer (fan) engagement?
- Describe Facebook’s consumer engagement strategy based on information from this story.
- What is content marketing?
- Do you think this illustrates the concept of content marketing? Why or why not?
- What are industry trends?
- Do you think more social media platforms will enter the fantasy sports and gaming market? Why or why not?