More people tuned in to watch the Jacksonville Jaguars select Trevor Lawrence than watched Anthony Hopkins win the Best Actor Academy Award. The ratings for the first round of the 2021 NFL draft are in, and football remains king over everything else.
Over 12 million people watched the first round of the draft. The figure beat the 2021 Oscars, which drew 9.85 million viewers.
Click here to view the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- What are ratings?
- Why are ratings important to broadcasters?
- Why are ratings important to advertisers?
- Why are ratings important to sports leagues like the NFL?
- Why do you think it is significant that the NFL Draft enjoyed higher ratings than the Oscars?
- Do you think it is time for the Oscars to be concerned about a decline in ratings? Why or why not?
- If you were a marketing professional working to improve ratings for next year’s Oscars, what would you suggest? Why? Be prepared to share and discuss your ideas.