The A’s are slated to move to Las Vegas. It would be better for the brand to stay in Oakland and let Las Vegas embrace a new beginning.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is a brand?
- Are the Oakland A’s a brand?
- How might the brand be impacted when the team relocates to Las Vegas?
- The author of this story suggests the team should rebrand once they officially move to Las Veags. Why?
- Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Based on information from this news story, what has the A’s franchise suggested they want to do about the team’s current branding?
- According to this story, no team since the A’s departure from Kansas City in 1968 has kept its name as part of relocation. How might that impact the team’s decision?
- Do you think the Raiders should have rebranded when they moved from Oakland to Las Vegas? How might that decision be different than with the A’s?
- If you were rebranding the team, what might it look like? Would you keep the same colors? What would the team name be? What might the logo look like?
- When teams rebrand, how important is it to find ways to connect the new branding to the community? How could the A’s do that when they relocate to Las Vegas? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.