When you’re filling out your March Madness bracket this year, forget all the research, stats, analytics, and sports podcasts. Just pick teams based on vibes.
Click here to read the story at marketingbrew.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Why do you think it is important to distinguish between the two?
- How might this ad campaign from ESPN represent an example of both?
- What is advertising?
- What are four examples of different advertising channels, like TV?
- Which channels is ESPN using for this campaign?
- Why do you think they chose those advertising channels?
- What message is ESPN communicating to consumers through this campaign?
- What is consumer behavior?
- Why is it important for a company like ESPN to understand consumer behavior?
- What is market research?
- How did research help ESPN to understand consumer behavior as it relates to March Madness?
- How did that influence ESPN’s March Madness marketing strategy?
- What is a KPI?
- What is the primary KPI for this campaign, according to information from this news story?