One of the most hyped events on the 2023 sporting calendar, Formula One’s inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix arrives this weekend, promising race cars roaring down the iconic Las Vegas Strip at 200 mph for the first time in the city’s history.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is Formula One?
- According to this news story, why has Formula One has seen a huge boost in popularity in the United States?
- Why do you think Formula One wanted to stage an event in the United States?
- Why do you think they chose Las Vegas?
- According to this story, how much did Formula One invest in this event?
- What is the difference between event management and event marketing?
- Why are both important to the success of the Las Vegas?
- What are some challenges Formula One had to consider when preparing for the Grand Prix event in Las Veags?
- How do you think they approached their marketing strategy for the event?
- What is economic impact?
- According to this story, how was the Grand Prix event expected to impact the Las Vegas economy?
- This news story suggests that some area residents were not excited about how the event impacted the community, despite a reported positive economic impact. Why?
- Why is tourism important to the city of Las Vegas?
- How might hosting an international event like a Formula One Grand Prix race help the city to attract more tourists?
- Do you think that was a consideration when the city agreed to host the event? Why or why not?