Ohio State fans and Michigan fans across the country will not be able to watch the most celebrated rivalry in all of sports this weekend after The Game was cancelled on Tuesday afternoon. And while the spread was believed to be the largest in series history (30 points) and the Buckeyes have dominated the series lately, the only thing worse than a bad game is no game at all.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What are ratings?
- What are broadcast rights?
- Why are ratings important to a broadcast company?
- Why are ratings important to the Big 10 conference?
- Why are ratings important to advertisers?
- Why do you think companies like Fox invest so much in broadcast rights to live sports?
- According to this story, how did the cancellation of this year’s Michigan vs. Ohio State football game impact Fox? Be prepared to share specific examples to support your answers.