Fox plans to avoid coverage of Qatar’s controversial treatment of migrant workers during World Cup broadcasts, much as it didn’t address criticism of Russia’s government during the 2018 tournament.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is economic impact?
- What is a mega event?
- Do you think it is expensive to host a mega event like the World Cup?
- Why do cities and countries invest so much in attracting mega events like the World Cup?
- How will Qatar benefit from hosting the event?
- What is sportswashing?
- What are ethics?
- Is sports washing legal? Is it ethical?
- What is the controversy surrounding Qatar’s hosting of this year’s World Cup?
- Do you think FIFA should have awarded Qatar with the rights to host the World Cup? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Fox is choosing not to discuss any of the controversy surrounding the event during its broadcasts?
- In your opinion, should they discuss the controversies? Why or why not?