Mixing high- and low-cost styles is a well-worn fashion trick, and Korean pop sensations BTS are taking the approach to a whole new level in marketing deals announced this week.
After first agreeing with McDonald’s (MCD.N) to promote a new meal selling for just over $6, the seven-strong boyband have also been named brand ambassadors for Louis Vuitton, the purveyor of handbags that sell for well above $1,000.
Click here to read the story at reuters.com.
- What is celebrity endorsement?
- Why do you think brands pay celebrities to endorse their products and services?
- What characteristics do you think brands look for when determining which celebrities to endorse their products and services?
- According to information from this story, what are two examples of brands who have partnered with BTS?
- Why do you think they chose to sign BTS to an endorsement deal?
- What other brands might benefit from BTS endorsing their products or services? Provide an example and explain how the brand would benefit.
- What is an example of a brand that might not benefit from a partnership with BTS? Why? Be prepared to discuss your answers.