The 2023 World Baseball Classic was a rousing success on a host of levels including attendance, television viewership, and more. When looking inside the numbers, it wasn’t just in North America that the tournament excelled; it was worldwide.
Click here to read the story at Forbes.com.
- What is the WBC?
- Who organizes the WBC?
- Why do you think Major League Baseball and the Players Association helped to propose the idea for hosting an event like WBC?
- Is Major League Baseball a global product?
- Why is the WBC important to the long-term growth of the sport of baseball?
- How does that impact Major League Baseball?
- The 2023 World Baseball Classic was a rousing success, according to this story. What made it such a success?
- What is fandom?
- How would you describe the concept of fandom as it relates to an event like WBC?
- How did fandom influence the success of this event?
- Why is attendance important to an event?
- What is event marketing?
- How might an effective event marketing strategy help to boost attendance?
- Is this an example of the marketing of sports or marketing through sports?
- What are television ratings?
- Why are they important to an event like WBC?
- Based on information from this story, what were ratings like for the WBC?
- How might the next WBC event benefit from the strong ratings generated by this year’s event?