Wearing Oakland green and gold and Giants orange and black, thousands of fans from both sides of the bay stood together to protest the Athletics’ planned move to Las Vegas during San Francisco’s 2-1 victory Tuesday night.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- Often times you hear the cliche in sports that it is “just business.” What does that mean?
- How might this story provide an example of sports being a business?
- Why do you think the A’s want to relocate to Las Vegas?
- What is fandom?
- How might the concept of fandom explain why fans from both the Giants AND the hometown A’s protest Oakland’s proposed move to Las Vegas?
- What are ticket sales?
- Why are ticket sales important to a team like the A’s?
- What is promotion?
- How might a sound promotions strategy help the A’s to increase ticket sales?
- What else could the team do to attract more fans to the ballpark?