A new age in collegiate athletics is dawning. While we are not sure the degree of control student-athletes will have, the consensus is that at some point, the NCAA will soon allow them to monetize on their name, image and likeness (NIL).
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is NIL?
- What does it mean to “monetize” NIL?
- Why do you think the NCAA has not allowed its athletes to monetize their NIL?
- Why do you think the NCAA is likely to reverse its stance soon and allow athletes to monetize their NIL?
- In your opinion, should college athletes be paid? Why or why not?
- What factors might influence how much a college athlete could be compensated for their NIL?
- What characteristics might make Hailey Van Lith someone who could benefit from NIL?
- According to this story, how much could Hailey Van Lith earn from NIL rights?