Among the most perplexing questions in sports is why the NFL opted to use an ancient and often confusing numbering system to denote its marquee game LVII years ago.
Click here to read the story at themessage.ca.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do businesses and brands invest in sponsorship?
- Why do they sponsor the NFL or Super Bowl?
- What rights do they receive as an official NFL or Super Bowl sponsor?
- What is ambush marketing?
- Is ambush marketing legal?
- What are ethics?
- Do you think ambush marketing is ethical? Why or why not?
- When does ambush marketing typically occur?
- What are the different ways a business or brand could engage in ambush marketing?
- Based on what you learned from this story, what is Heinz doing from a marketing perspective around the Super Bowl?
- Why does the NFL use roman numerals to name each Super Bowl?
- What is a publicity stunt?
- Do you think this represents an example of a publicity stunt from Heinz? Why or why not?
- Given that Heinz is not an NFL or Super Bowl sponsor, do you think this story provides an example of ambush marketing? Why or why not?