Hellmann’s is the latest among a growing group of newcomers to the Super Bowl that not only have seen higher sales growth during the pandemic, but also want to showcase a commitment to social responsibility.
Parent company Unilever, one of the world’s biggest advertisers with brands including Dove soap and Lipton tea, is banking on the Super Bowl’s large audience and the popularity of Schumer to support Hellman’s recent sales momentum resulting from how the pandemic has driven changes in shopping habits.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- Why do you think Hellmann’s chose this year as the first time to advertise during the Super Bowl?
- What is cause related marketing?
- Do you think this campaign from Hellmann’s represents an example of cause related marketing? Why or why not?
- What do you think Hellmann’s hopes to communicate to consumer with this Super Bowl spot?
- Why do you think they chose Amy Schumer to represent the brand for this campaign?