“Dune,” the big-budget sci-fi epic from Warner Bros., arrives in US theaters and on HBO Max today, rounding out a month crowded with long-delayed new releases that has yielded mixed results at the box office.
Click here to read the story at news.yahoo.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution an important function of sports and entertainment marketing?
- How might this story illustrate the concept of distribution?
- How has the pandemic changed the way studios release new films?
- Now that movie theaters have re-opened, why do you think Warner Bros. continues to release movies on HBO?
- In your opinion, do you think releasing films on HBO at the same time as theaters has a negative impact on box office sales? Why or why not?
- How do you think Warner Bros. will manage its distribution strategy in the future? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.