Last week, Bleacher Report released the first episode of its latest series, “Sneak This,” a 15-minute, five-part sketch comedy show hinged on sneaker culture — not exactly the usual content for a sports media company.
Click here to read the story at digiday.com.
- What is advertising?
- What types of brands might be interested in advertising with Bleacher Report?
- What are sales?
- Why are advertising sales important to Bleacher Report?
- How might this story provide an example of potential career opportunities in the sports industry?
- According to this story, what is Bleacher Report featuring in terms of content to attract more advertisers?
- What is “crossover appeal”?
- How do you think sneaker culture provides “crossover appeal” for Bleacher Report and their advertising partners?
- What else could B/R do to boost the popularity of its new programming? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.