As people searched for ways to stay entertained during quarantine and seek out connection as in-person socializing was put on-hold, gaming emerged as a powerhouse.
Enter Twitch, Amazon’s live streaming platform for gamers. Fans flocked to the platform to watch their favorite creators play games and engage with them and each other over chat. Users could also support their favorite creators by purchasing a subscription to their channel.
Click here to read the story at prweek.com.
- What is the difference between marketing of sports and entertainment and marketing through sports and entertainment?
- Brands using Twitch to reach sports and entertainment fans best describes which, marketing through sports and entertainment or the marketing of sports and entertainment?
- What is a target market?
- What type of audience do you think brands are trying to reach by creating marketing campaigns to be deployed using Twitch?
- Based on information from this story, describe the DoorDash campaign on Twitch.
- What do you think DoorDash hopes to accomplish through the campaign?
- Twitch is known for its video streaming, but is expanding to other areas of entertainment. How might that represent a growth opportunity for the company?
- What is a situation (SWOT) analysis?
- What risks might Twitch be taking by expanding into other areas of entertainment? What might that look like if the company were to conduct a SWOT analysis? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.