The COVID-19 coronavirus outrbreak has sparked a dramatic first for the movie industry: movies are being made available at home the same time they’re available in theaters.
The distinction between a theatrical and a digital release is disappearing as theaters shut down.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- How do movie theaters make money?
- How do you think this health crisis has impacted the movie theater business?
- In your opinion, will the movie theater business be able to recover from this? Why or why not?
- How do movie studios make money? How does releasing films straight to home video impact their ability to generate revenue?
- The headline of this story suggests the outbreak could permanently impact the movie industry. How so? Explain your answer in the space below.