Serena Williams has announced that she is retiring from tennis after the U.S. Open, but the sports legend has more than enough business ventures to keep her busy — and wealthy — after she steps off the court for the last time.
Click here to read the story at dailymail.co.uk.
- What is a brand?
- Is Serena Williams a brand? Why or why not?
- What is brand extension?
- How might Serena Williams benefit from brand extension as she moves into a career after tennis?
- What is product endorsement?
- What do brands look for when aligning with an athlete to promote their products and services?
- Why do you think Serena Williams has been so popular with brands looking for athletes to endorse their products and services?
- Can you think of any examples of brands Serena Williams has endorsed, currently endorses, or business venture of her own?
- What is an industry trend?
- Why do you think so many athletes are exploring opportunities beyond the playing field? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.