State Farm has spent a decade exploring gaming and esports marketing to reach younger consumers, resulting in last year’s successful esports competition “Gamerhood Challenge” that racked up 10 million views on Twitch.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- What are the different ways a marketer can segment a market?
- What are demographics?
- Who is Gen Z?
- Who are millennials?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what makes Gen Z and millennials unique as a consumer group?
- What is a target market?
- Why might State Farm want to target Gen Z consumers?
- What is State Farm’s “Gamerhood Challenge”?
- How has it helped the company to reach younger consumers?
- Why are younger consumers important to State Farm?