Western New York is a hotbed for lacrosse, and the Buffalo Bandits can take credit for having a hand in that.
Click here to read the story at buffalonews.com.
- Who are the Buffalo Bandits?
- What sport do they play?
- How might the Bandits have helped to boost the popularity of the sport in the local area?
- What is competition?
- Who might represent an example of direct competition to the Bandits?
- Who might represent an example of indirect competition to the Bandits?
- What is competition for the entertainment dollar?
- How do you think this news story represents an example of competition for the entertainment dollar?
- What is positioning?
- What is differentation?
- Based on what you learned from this story, how would you describe the Bandits’ positioning strategy?
- How would you describe the team’s differentiation strategy?
- Why is the quality of product important to a sports team?
- Do you think the Bandits provide the team’s fans with a quality product? Why or why not?
- How has that impacted the team’s attendance? How might that impact the team’s bottom line?
- What is personal selling?
- What are ticket sales?
- Describe the 13 steps in the sales process, as defined in your textbook (the Business of Sports and Entertainment).
- How might an inside sales representative follow the sales process to help the team sell more season tickets?
- Why do you think the Bandits hired an inside sales staff?
- How has that impacted season ticket sales, according to this news story?