As the NFL season kicks off, brands looking for savvy ways to tap into fan culture need look no further than the Kansas City Chiefs. The team’s engagement on social media is stronger than any other team in the league, with a reach of 8.19% of the NFL’s online fan base, per a new report by consumer insights platform Helixa that was emailed to Marketing Dive.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is fandom?
- How do sports teams like the Chiefs benefit from fandom?
- How would you describe the different levels of fandom?
- What is fan engagement?
- Why is fan engagement important to sports teams?
- What is engagement as it relates to social media?
- According to this story, what are the Chiefs doing that allow them to maximize fan engagement through social media?
- According to this story, what is an effective way for a team to capture the attention of a fan?
- Why might that be important?
- The article suggests that engagement spurs innovation elsewhere. What does that mean and how can a sports team like the Chiefs benefit? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.