Heading into next week’s playoffs, the Milwaukee Bucks have the best record in the NBA. They posted this season’s longest winning streak (16 games), and they’ve gone about their business without the drama that makes for headlines and fuels talking-head debate shows.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is a global brand?
- The headline of this news story suggests the Bucks’ have built a “thriving” global brand? What does that mean?
- Why do you think a global brand is important to the Bucks franchise?
- How do you think they have built a global brand?
- Why was it important to the team to rebrand, including the introduction of a new logo?
- Why is licensing important to a team and how does that impact merchandising efforts?
- What is fandom?
- Why do you think that was important to the Bucks to focus first on local fans?
- How do you think a team having star players impacts the quality of the product?
- Why is it important for a sports team to provide fans with a quality product?
- How do you think that impact’s the teams’ bottom line?
- Where is the Bucks’ biggest star player from?
- How might that impact its ability to reach fans all over the globe?
- This news story suggests the franchise has made it a priority to make Bucks basketball a “destination.” What does that mean and how might that impact not only the organization about also the Milwaukee area?