When NFL legend Tom Brady retired from the NFL this week, he left the game as the career leader in passing yards (84,520) and touchdowns (624) — he also left with an estimated $475 million.
Click here to read the story at marketwatch.com.
- Based on information from this story, how did Tom Brady earn his $475 million fortune?
- Why do you think quarterbacks are paid more than any other position in football?
- What are three brands that Tom Brady has endorsed in his career?
- Why do you think he chose to support those particular brands?
- What characteristics do you think brands might consider when selecting an athlete or entertainer to endorse their products and services?
- Why do you think so many brands were interested in partnering with Tom Brady to endorse their products and services?
- What is an industry trend?
- Why do you think so many athletes and entertainers have become entrepreneurs? How might that represent an example of an industry trend?