For decades, the world’s biggest professional wrestling organization had sold its premium live events like Wrestlemania and SummerSlam on a pay-per-view (PPV) basis via cable and satellite television providers.
Click here to read the story at sportspromedia.com.
- What is an industry pioneer?
- What is technology?
- According to this story, how has WWE established itself as a technology pioneer in sports?
- Can you think of any other examples of how technology has impacted the sports industry?
- How is WWE’s revenue model different from traditional professional sports leagues like MLB, NHL or NCAA?
- How much did Peacock pay for the rights to WWE events?
- Why would they be interested in those rights?
- Why is data important to sports and entertainment properties like WWE?
- How does WWE use data to improve its product?