The National Football League wants to be the most youth-focused, community-driven league in the world. To reach that goal, it’s counting on its social media marketing strategy.
Click here to read the story at digiday.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- What are demographics?
- What is a target market?
- Based on what you learned from this story, who is the NFL targeting with their marketing?
- Why might that demographic be important to the NFL?
- What is social media marketing?
- Why is social media an important component of the NFL’s marketing push?
- What is fan engagement?
- How does social media help boost levels of fan engagement?
- Why is fan engagement important?
- What is content marketing?
- Why is content marketing important to the NFL?
- If you were a marketing consultant contracted by the NFL, how would you advise them to help reach a younger demographic? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.