The rescheduled Tokyo Olympics are set to kick off with the Opening Ceremony on July 23, 2021, giving organizers some eight months to assess the safety of doing so as Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, continues to spread.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- What is economic impact?
- How can major events like the Olympic Games impact the economies of host cities?
- Why might it be important to the city of Tokyo that the games take place as scheduled in 2021?
- Why might it be important to Olympic athletes that the games take place as scheduled in 2021?
- If the virus hasn’t been contained by the time Tokyo is ready to host the Summer Olympics this summer, how might the Games be impacted?
- Who is the IOC and what do they do?
- Why do you think the IOC President is so confident the games will go on as scheduled?
- Why might leadership play an even more critical role when trying to organize a major event like the Olympic Games during the pandemic?
- What will event organizers need to do to make sure they games go on as scheduled from a safety perspective for not only spectators, but also athletes and event officials?