Let’s unpack Disney’s huge announcement this week about the new Disney Genie system that’s coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Like a modern mobile game, Disney Genie is a free offering that comes with abundant upsells. The free part is a day-planning service, a recommendation engine that will suggest what you ought to do next in the parks, based upon your stated preferences and both current and historic crowd levels.
Click here to read the story at themeparkinsider.com.
- What is Disney Genie?
- What was Disney’s Fast Pass program?
- What is fandom?
- How do you think the Fast Pass program might help identify varying levels of fandom among Disney customers?
- Why do you think Disney discontinued its popular Fast Pass program and introduced the Genie system?
- What is experience?
- Why is it important that Disney create the best possible consumer experience for its theme park guests?
- How might Disney Genie impact the consumer experience for park guests?
- What is upselling?
- How does Disney Genie provide an example of upselling?
- What is pricing?
- Why is pricing an important component of the marketing mix?
- How do you think Disney determined the price point for Disney Genie?