As the final whistle blows on an iconic 30-year partnership between Fifa and EA Sports, we sit down with the brand and its creative agency Uncommon who are tasked with reinventing the world’s most successful video game franchise.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is brand recognition?
- How does brand awareness and brand recognition result in a strong brand?
- What is a franchise as it relates to video games?
- Why is branding important to a video game franchise?
- What is rebranding?
- What is licensing?
- What does licensing have to do with EA Sports rebranding of the EA Sports FIFA video game franchise?
- How is EA Sports rebranding the FIFA franchise? What is the new name and why is determining a new name important to the long term success of the franchise?
- What is fandom?
- What is brand loyalty?
- How strong was the EA Sports FIFA video game franchise brand? How loyal were its fans?
- EA Sports FIFA franchise was one of the most popular video game franchises of all-time. How might that level of fandom and brand strength present a challenge for EA as they reinvent the franchise?
- What is an agency?
- What are the different types of agencies?
- Why would an organization like EA Sports contract an agency as part of this rebrand?
- If you were a marketing professional at the agency representing EA, how would you recommend they reinvent the franchise? Be prepared to share you ideas in class.