JPMorgan (JPM.N) said on Friday it regretted supporting soccer clubs in launching a breakaway European Super League after the plan collapsed earlier this week due to a storm of protest from fans and politicians.
“We clearly misjudged how this deajkf;l would be viewed by the wider football community and how it might impact them in the future,” a representative for the bank said.
Click here to read the story at Reuters.com.
- What was the European Super League?
- Why did the European Super League faced so much backlash?
- Why did the new league decided to shut down?
- Why do you think JPMorgan was interested in supporting the league?
- Why do you think they admitted publicly that they regretted its decision to support the league?
- What is publicity?
- What is fandom?
- How do you think the concept of fandom fueled the backlash the European Super League received publicly?
- How might a public relations professional have advised the interested parties both at JPMorgan and the teams who originally planned to participate in the European Super League?
- What is crisis management?
- Why is it important for sports organizations to have a crisis management plan in place prior to facing negative publicity?
- Based on information from this story, how did JPMorgan manage the publicity crisis surrounding the European Super League?