The Kansas City metro takes another step toward solidifying a role as a leader in women’s sports.
Click here to read the story at at kctv5.com.
- What is a sports commission?
- What does the Kansas City Sports Commission do?
- Why would a city want to attract professional sports teams?
- What is the Pro Volleyball Federation?
- How many teams are in the league and when is the inaugural season?
- What is competition for entertainment dollars?
- How might that concept apply to the expansion of the Pro Volleyball Federation?
- How is Kansas City becoming a hub for women’s sports?
- Why is that important to the sports industry?
- What is leadership in sports?
- Why will leadership be important to the McCarthy’s as they join the league in 2025 as an expansion franchise?
- Do you think the Pro Volleyball Federation league will succeed?
- Why might the quality of the product be important to the league’s success?
- What types of things from a sports business perspective must the Kansas City franchise do to succeed? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.