On Friday, Kings of Leon will release their new album, titled When You See Yourself, in the form of a non-fungible token (NFT) — becoming the first band to ever do so.
The band is actually dropping three types of tokens as part of a series called “NFT Yourself,” people involved in the project tells Rolling Stone. One type is a special album package, while a second type offers live show perks like front-row seats for life, and a third type is just for exclusive audiovisual art.
Click here to read the story at rollingstone.com.
- What is NFT?
- Why would a band release a new album in the form of NFT?
- Why do you think pricing is such an important function of marketing?
- How might NFT impact pricing?
- How might NFT impact the pricing for the Kings of Leon album?
- Do you think this will be an industry trend with more musicians releasing albums in the form of NFT?