LaMelo Ball will soon be lacing up his kicks in the NBA, but he won’t be wearing Big Baller Brand.
The youngest Ball chose to go a different direction than BBB, instead signing a shoe deal with Puma in October. It adds Ball to a burgeoning list of rising stars inked by Puma in recent years, and it means LaMelo has joined his brother Lonzo in going elsewhere rather than re-upping with the family Big Baller Brand started by their father, LaVar.
- Why do you think LaMelo Ball chose to sign with a different shoe brand than his family’s “Big Baller Brand”?
- Now that Lonzo and LaMelo have signed elsewhere, do you think Big Baller Brand will continue to maintain a presence in the marketplace? Why or why not?
- Why do you think LaMelo chose to sign with Puma?
- According to the details from this news story, how much is Puma paying LaMelo?
- What is competition? Who do you think might represent Puma’s competition?
- Why would Puma invest that much in a player who has yet to set foot on a NBA basketball court? Be prepared to discuss your answers.
- In your opinion, will this move pay off for Puma? Why or why not?